[Symphony] Request

Ted Ralphs tkr2 at lehigh.edu
Thu Oct 15 12:42:39 EDT 2015

Sorry for the delay in responding. There are two ways to do this. If you
have the latest version of SYMPHONY, I have recently the ability to specify
two objectives to the parser for the CPLEX LP format. So if you specify
your problem in a .lp file, you can just add a second objective there and
then the problem will automatically be solved as multi-objective with no
need to set parameters or do anything other than pass in the problem to
SYMPHONY (through command line or interactive).

You can also use the API, as shown in the example here:

https://projects.coin-or.org/SYMPHONY/browser/releases/5.6.13/SYMPHONY/Examples/bicriteria.c

Please feel free to follow up if you need more explanation.

Cheers,

Ted

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Mahdi Doostmohammadi <
mahdi.doostmohammadi at tecnico.ulisboa.pt> wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I have faced with a bi-objective mixed binary program, which is
> large-scale, and I would like to solve it with a solver. I found SYMPHONY
> as a solver with the property to solve bi-objective mixed integer problems.
> I read the user's guide of SYMPHONY but I could not understand how SYMPHONY
> can be exploited to solve my own problem. Can you please let me know that
> SYMPHONY can solve any bi-objective mixed integer program. If so, can you
> give me the instructions to exploit this solver to solve my problem.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Mahdi
>
> --
> Post-Doctoral Researcher
> Institute of Mechanical Engineering (IDMEC)
> Instituto Superior Técnico
> University of Lisbon
> Av. Rovisco Pais 1
> 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal