[Symphony] How to get the solutions in MSVC++ IDE

Menal Guzelsoy megb at lehigh.edu
Mon Jan 19 14:47:48 EST 2009

Terry,

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Yiqing Zhong <yiqing.zhong at ugent.be> wrote:

> Hi! Menal,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. Followed with your instruction, I
> can execute the project now. However in the 'VRP' project, there still
> some problems:
>
> I set the arguments "-F ..\..\sample.vrp" to try to check the sample
> solution under the VRP folder, but the error is shown:
>
> "PROBELM NAME: ei151
>  TYPE: CVRP
>  DIMENSION: 51
>  ERROR: Number of trucks not specified or computed for VRP"
>
> I also try other samples, the same problem is happened. I check the
> file 'vrp_main.c' and 'vrp_master.c', but where the vrp model(i.e.
> objective function and constraints) is given? Another, are the relaxed
> solutions and values of VRP given by 'vrp_lp.c'?

You can see the list of available parameters by "-H" command line switch.
For the sample file, try "-F ..\..\sample.vrp -N 5 -u 522".

> About the problem "GLPK", I tried it in the project of 'symphony':
>
> I download and install the 'Glpk' in my compuer, I set the path of
> GLPK library in the project propeties and contain the file of
> 'glpk.h'. In the 'main.c', I added
>
> '#define USE_GLPMPL' and '#include "glpk.h" ',
>
> but the Building process gives the error:
>
> "glpmpl.h" cannot be found, which is happened in 'sym_lp_solver.h'.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> Can "glpmpl.h" be replaced by "glpk.h", or not? How to exactly "add
> the GLPK library to the solution"? I set the path of GLPK library, it
> seems not working.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Bests!
>
> Terry

Here are the steps you need to follow:
-add the directory of the header files of GLPK (should be
"your_glpk_root\include") to the additional include directories sections of
both "libSymphony" and "symphony" projects(through each project's properties
menu)
-add USE_GLPMPL to the preprocessor definitions sections of both projects
-add the GLPK library to the solution and have the startup project
"symphony" depend on this library (from the project dependencies menu)

Let me know how it goes.

Menal.