[Symphony] How to get the solutions in MSVC++ IDE

Yiqing Zhong yiqing.zhong at ugent.be
Mon Jan 19 07:54:07 EST 2009

Hi! Menal,

Thank you very much for your answer. Followed with your instruction, I
can execute the project now. However in the 'VRP' project, there still
some problems:

I set the arguments "-F ..\..\sample.vrp" to try to check the sample
solution under the VRP folder, but the error is shown:

"PROBELM NAME: ei151
  TYPE: CVRP
  DIMENSION: 51
  ERROR: Number of trucks not specified or computed for VRP"

I also try other samples, the same problem is happened. I check the
file 'vrp_main.c' and 'vrp_master.c', but where the vrp model(i.e.
objective function and constraints) is given? Another, are the relaxed
solutions and values of VRP given by 'vrp_lp.c'?

About the problem "GLPK", I tried it in the project of 'symphony':

I download and install the 'Glpk' in my compuer, I set the path of
GLPK library in the project propeties and contain the file of
'glpk.h'. In the 'main.c', I added

'#define USE_GLPMPL' and '#include "glpk.h" ',

but the Building process gives the error:

"glpmpl.h" cannot be found, which is happened in 'sym_lp_solver.h'.

So my questions are:

Can "glpmpl.h" be replaced by "glpk.h", or not? How to exactly "add
the GLPK library to the solution"? I set the path of GLPK library, it
seems not working.

Thank you!

Bests!

Terry