[Symphony] How to get the solutions in MSVC++ IDE

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Jan 20 04:48:48 EST 2009

Yiqing Zhong wrote:
> Hi! Menal,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. Followed with your instruction, I
> can execute the project now. However in the 'VRP' project, there still
> some problems:
>
> I set the arguments "-F ..\..\sample.vrp" to try to check the sample
> solution under the VRP folder, but the error is shown:
>
> "PROBELM NAME: ei151
>   TYPE: CVRP
>   DIMENSION: 51
>   ERROR: Number of trucks not specified or computed for VRP"

For the SYMPHONY VRP solver, you need to specify the number of trucks on
the command line with "-N 5" for instance. You're getting the error
because you haven't done that. I thought that the README specified this,
but if it doesn't, I guess we need to add it. Thanks for using SYMPHONY.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University (permanent)