[Coin-symphony] Compile errors using SYMHONY with MSVC++ 2005

Esben Kolind eko at e2efactory.com
Thu Mar 9 04:16:36 EST 2006

Thank you for the replies.

I believe all settings in MSVC++ are default, and nothing has been
changed in the SYMPHONY project files (other than a few path
definitions)

The compiler flag "Compile as C++ Code" (/TP) was already set in the all
the SYMPHONY project files, so I don't think that's what causes the
problem.

If we can't make SYMPHONY work with Windows, we've considered using
COIN-BCP instead... but that doesn't seem to be working with Windows at
all. Is that correct? Most of COIN seems to be written for UNIX/LINUX
only, so maybe we should switch to a UNIX system from the beginning
anyway? As we are familiar with programming in Visual Studio, we'd
prefer to use a windows environment, but Eclipse (or other debuggers)
might be an alternative? Experiences and suggestions are welcome.

Esben