[Coin-symphony] Error in make test

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Dec 19 12:28:29 EST 2006

Hi Lutz,

The unit test fails because of an apparent bug in gcc 3.4. The problem
is in OsiRowCutTest.cpp through the lines 286-293:
the exception handling block. Somehow it terminates instead of catching
the exception. Have a look at this link:

It works fine with debugging option enabled, i.e., if you configure
--enable-debug. However, this bug should not affect SYMPHONY itself,
just the unit test.

Cheers,

Ted

--