[Coin-symphony] enable-gnu-packages

Martin Mundschenk m.mundschenk at mundschenk.de
Sun Dec 17 12:03:03 EST 2006

Hi!

I compiled SYMPHONY 5.1.2 with the option --enable-gnu-packages. The
required libraries are installed on my Ubuntu Linux distribution:

mmundschenk at gutenberg:~/SYMPHONY-5.1.2/bin$ dpkg -l |grep readline
ii  libreadline5
5.1-7build1                          GNU readline and history
libraries, run-time
ii  readline-common
5.1-7build1                          GNU readline and history
libraries, common f
mmundschenk at gutenberg:~/SYMPHONY-5.1.2/bin$ dpkg -l |grep history
ii  libedit2                                   2.9.cvs.
20050518-2.2                 BSD editline and history libraries
ii  libreadline5
5.1-7build1                          GNU readline and history
libraries, run-time
ii  readline-common
5.1-7build1                          GNU readline and history
libraries, common f

configure and make run without an error, but command history and
command completion don't work.

Further more: When I run the solver, it is not possible to stop
symphony. When I try to abort and confirm with "y" the solver keeps
on solving. The only way to abort is to kill the process.

Martin