[Coin-symphony] enable-gnu-packages

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sun Dec 17 13:43:55 EST 2006

Hi Martin,

Sorry about the problems with stopping SYMPHONY. What is supposed to
happen if you answer "y" to the prompt is that SYMPHONY is supposed to
stop what it's doing (gracefully) and then report the current (partial)
results before exiting. The intent was to allow a user to kill a solve
call without losing the best solution that had been generated so far. Is
this what is happening? When you say that SYMPHONY continues on, how
long does it continue on for? It may take a few seconds for it to finish
what it's doing and collect the information it needs to report. Can you
send the output of a call where you tried to call it and it didn't stop?

In any case, the signal catching does not seem to work well on some
systems, so we will turn it off by default in a future release, but for
now, there is no (easy) way to disable it (unfortunately). If you wait a
few days, we will try to implement an option to turn it off and make a
new patch release.

As for your problem with --enable-gnu-packages, can you send the
config.log file from your build, so we can see what's happening?

Cheers,

Ted