[Coin-symphony] Error in a header file and Help in embedding a "lp_solver" package.

ramana ramana.miryala at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 23:57:31 EST 2006

Hi Symphony team,

When I complied Symphony using Microsoft Visual C++ in Windows XP, I
was getting 4 errors due to the mistake in defining  COIN_INT64_T
variable.
This variable is defined in
"C:\SYMPHONY-5.1.1\BuildTools\headers\configall_system_msc.h".

This variable is defined as  "#define COIN_INT64_T long long ".

When I changed this to "#define COIN_INT64_T long ", I could compile
successfully. Whole package is working fine.

Please correct this error in the pacakges of "SYMPHONY-5.1.0" and
"SYMPHONY-5.1.1",  so that it will be helpful to new users.

Thank you very much for providing a nice package.

Please help me regarding in embedding a "lp_solver" package.
When I use the defalut solver of SYMPHONY for Integer Linear
programming problem by branch and bound algorithm,   SYMPHONY solves
the problem very slowly as compared to "lp_solver" (open source
package).
Is it possible to emebed this package ? If yes, please help me in this regard.

If I want to embed other LP solvers like Cplex and etc, what sould be
done for invoking any of those solvers. I could not understand the
help given in the manual.
Please provide an easy help in this regard.

with best regards,
Ramana

--
వెంకటరమణ మిర్యాల, 		Venkataramana.M,
మేనేజ్మెంట్ స్టడీస్, 		Department of Management Studies