[Coin-symphony] Odd hole inequalities

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Mar 17 17:47:49 EST 2005

Eligijus Kubilinskas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the answers to the previous questions.
> Regarding Odd hole inequalities, you wrote that they are used
> automatically by Symphony. However, in the matching example by Michael
> Trick the number of B&B nodes is reduced by explicitly including Odd
> Hole cuts. Why?
>
> Thank you in advance for the answer!
> Eligijus

I have to admit that I don't understand this one. It appears that odd
hole inequalities are generated by default in this example. It shouldn't
be too hard to see what's going on if you debug the code and put a
breakpoint in generate_cgl_cuts() to see if it actually is generating
them by default or not. Also, increasing the verbosity to something like
11 with "-v 11" on the command line should show exactly where the
differences are in how the code is running. if you send me a data and
parameter file, I'll try to take a look at it.

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Assistant Professor