[Project-managers] One way to demonstrate the impact of COIN-OR projects

Brian Borchers borchers at nmt.edu
Thu May 24 12:20:55 EDT 2007

I've spent the last day or so looking up papers in which CSDP has been
used by other researchers to solve their semidefinite programming problems.
The list of papers is now part of the CSDP Wiki at

  https://projects.coin-or.org/Csdp/wiki/CSDPUsed

I was surprised that I was only aware of about half of these papers before
I started searching (using the Web of Science and Google Scholar.)  I think
that doing this for other COIN-OR projects might help to point out the
impact of our projects.

I mentioned this to Robin, and she responded:
>I think putting the info under the project's wiki is the right place &
>then maybe having an overview page (somewhere) that has links to all the
>"impact" pages of the various projects.

Is this something that other project managers are interested in doing?