[Project-managers] Binary distribution

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Thu May 4 13:41:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

if this does not create too much work, I think it would be helpful to
also provide the libraries compiled in debug mode (-O0 -g) in order to
allow for better debugging. And it might also be useful to provide
static libraries, since sometimes one (at least me) likes to have
static binaries. I know... all these requests are multiplicative (#OS
systems * #Optimization Modes * #{static,shared} * ...), so you have
to take care to not produce a huge mess. Probably it would suffice to
compile the debugging libraries statically.

Best, Tobias

--
Tobias Achterberg          Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum fuer
                           Informationstechnik Berlin