[Project-managers] Binary distribution

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu May 4 13:10:56 EDT 2006

Hi all,

For the past several months, JP Fasano, Kipp Martin, and I have been
developing a process for building a standardized distribution of
binaries (libraries and executables) built from the source code
available in the COIN-OR repository. Such a binary distribution has been
in demand by users for quite some time and we are finally getting around
to providing it to them. Alpha version of our current binary
distributions have been posted on the COIN-OR Web site at:

http://www.coin-or.org/Binaries/

Before we announce this project to the world, we'd like to request that
you take a look at the distributions, try to use them, and provide us
with any feedback you think would help us improve what we are providing.
Currently, the distribution includes only a small subset of the projects
available in the repository, but if this initial test goes well, we will
be adding more projects to our build over time. Project managers who
wish to have their projects included in the distribution will be asked
to conform to certain standards that will make it easy for us to
automate the build and test process. More information regarding these
requirements will be provided in a follow-up e-mail. In the meantime,
please let us know if you have any feedback. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs