[Ipopt] enforcing monotone decrease of mu

Martin Neuenhofen martinneuenhofen at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:28:26 EST 2017

Attendum: Did anyone else observe that ipopt v 3.12.3 in Matlab even with
the options

options.ipopt.mu_strategy = 'adaptive';+
options.ipopt.mu_max = 1e-1

uses values for mu that are 10^0.3 ?
And, indeed, this spoils my overall convergence because for small mu-s it
occurs that Ipopt pointlessly improves performance whilst searching in a
completely infeasible area.

Is there an option to enforce a maximum value for mu without any exception
that Ipopt can exploit to still choose it larger?

Kind regards
Martin