[Ipopt] Bundling all of Ipopt and the Java-interface into one library

Jarkko Miettinen jarkko.miettinen at relex.fi
Fri Oct 31 10:34:16 EDT 2014

Hi all!

I've been reading https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/JavaInterface
and looked into both normal build instructions and build instructions
there and noted that there's an older binary package there.

This older binary package has the upside of containing all the libraries
(Ipopt and the Java-bridge, presumably also Mumps and Blas) in one
dynamic library that can then be loaded in Java.

Is there some tool or maybe a build target that I've missed that does
this automatically? I understand that that's something you can do with
libtool + ar, but I am not very well versed in such affairs. Looking
into the binary-package I find some SCons-scripts so maybe that's
something only the author of JIpopt has?

As why this is needed is that it's a lot easier to load just one
library-file from Java as you can then easily include such library in a
jar-file and load it on-demand.