[Ipopt] Bundling all of Ipopt and the Java-interface into one library

Rafael de Pelegrini Soares rafael at vrtech.com.br
Fri Oct 31 13:04:05 EDT 2014

Dear Jarkko,

If I recall correctly, that 'all in one' binary library can be built as
follows:
1. Compile ipopt, blas, etc. as static libraries with: ./configure
--disable-shared
2. Manually compile the jipopt dynamic library and then link with the ipopt
static libraries

I hope this can help.

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Jarkko Miettinen <
jarkko.miettinen at relex.fi> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've been reading https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/JavaInterface
> and looked into both normal build instructions and build instructions there
> and noted that there's an older binary package there.
>
> This older binary package has the upside of containing all the libraries
> (Ipopt and the Java-bridge, presumably also Mumps and Blas) in one dynamic
> library that can then be loaded in Java.
>
> Is there some tool or maybe a build target that I've missed that does this
> automatically? I understand that that's something you can do with libtool +
> ar, but I am not very well versed in such affairs. Looking into the
> binary-package I find some SCons-scripts so maybe that's something only the
> author of JIpopt has?
>
> As why this is needed is that it's a lot easier to load just one
> library-file from Java as you can then easily include such library in a
> jar-file and load it on-demand.

Rafael Soares
Consultor de Tecnologia
rafael at vrtech.com.br