[Ipopt] Ipopt release 3.11.8

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 8 06:30:20 EDT 2014

Hi,

I just created a new Ipopt maintenance release.
This release includes an important fix for a bug that has been
introduced (by me) with Ipopt 3.11.0 and could be responsible for
difficult to debug convergence problems. If you were using Ipopt 3.11,
it is suggested to update.

Here is a list of changes (r1234 stands for a related svn changeset,
#123 for a ticket number in the trac bugtracking system):

- fixed a bug, introduced with Ipopt 3.11.0, where the tag in the
   Ipopt's caching mechanism was not unique over time, which lead to
   failures of Ipopt that were difficult to debug or recognize
   (e.g., Ipopt may have stopped with an restoration failure for
   instances that solved fine with Ipopt 3.10) [r2472, r2473]
   I'm very thankful to Gabriel Hackebeil and Kurt Majewski for their
   debugging effort on this issue.
- building Mumps with pthreads is now disabled by default [#229]
- fixed setting of LD on Windows (now set to link only iff using
   MS/Intel compilers) [#230]
- fixed download link for Gnumex [r2471]
- for some messages about too-few-degrees-of-freedom and restoration
   failure, the message level changed from error to strong-warning
   [r2460, r2469]
- revised calls to MPI_Init and MPI_Finalize in Mumps interface [r2467]
   (MPI_Init is now called only if function MPI_Initialized is available
   and MPI has not been initialized already; MPI_Finalize is only called
   if Ipopt also called MPI_Init; ...)

The source tarballs should be available tomorrow.

Enjoy,