[Ipopt] Step Sizes and Values of Primal and Dual Variables at Every Iteration

Senses,Begum bgmsenses at ufl.edu
Tue Apr 8 01:21:33 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I am interested in the step sizes and values of primal and dual
variables at every ipopt iteration. When I set file_print_level to 12,
ipopt prints the step sizes(delta) and values(curr_x). I was expecting
to observe that curr_x(at the (k+1)th iteration) - curr_x(at the kth
iteration) = delta_x(at the kth iteration). I also tried curr_x(at the
(k+1)th iteration) - curr_x(at the kth iteration) = alpha_pr *
delta_x(at the kth iteration).  But none of these equations is
satisfied. Can someone explain to me why these equations are not
satisfied?

Thank you.
--
Senses, Begum