[Ipopt] Ipopt Stochasticity

Steimel, Jochen Jochen.Steimel at bci.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Sep 13 10:40:05 EDT 2013

Dear all,

i have encountered a similar problem as Mr. Rao. Even if I call IPOPT in direct succession with no changes in options or starting points the result might vary, ranging from SOLVE_SUCCEEDED to RESTORATION_FAILED. Does anybody have an idea what might cause this behavior? I am using IPOPT 3.9.1 with linear solver MA57 on a Windows Machine with a Intel Core 2-Duo processor. I only encounter this problem in difficult optimizations. If the problem is trivial, it always converges.

Regards

Jochen