[Ipopt] MATLAB crash

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 9 19:46:15 EDT 2013

Thanks for sending the log files. Configure was recognizing the site file as intended.

No, Ipopt won’t install to /usr/local/lib unless you specifically tell configure to do so via --prefix (which you didn’t). By default Ipopt installs to the /lib subdirectory of your build folder. You should check the modification date on the file /usr/local/lib/ipopt.mexa64, I suspect that is someone else’s mex file and your Matlab installation is adding /usr/local/lib to the Matlab path by default. I don’t think that’s a great place to put Matlab files, but anyway... try removing that folder from your Matlab path and ensuring you add the path to your build folder where your new version of ipopt.mexa64 is located.

-Tony