[Ipopt] MATLAB crash

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 8 14:48:20 EDT 2013

mkl.so means something related to Matlab’s BLAS, as most of these problems turn out to be.

If configure is using the site script, I’m not sure why there’s any shared-library link to libcoinhsl.so. I haven’t personally built with HSL 2013 yet, though it didn’t look like anything changed in the build system regarding static vs shared libraries. Can you send me (or post to Dropbox/pastebin) config.log files from your top build directory, the Ipopt subdirectory, and ThirdParty/HSL? I need to see your entire configure call (as saved in the log file) and what configure did with it.

The `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found error is due to the binary incompatibility between the version of libstdc++ that Matlab uses and the newer version the operating system has installed as default. Are you installing the ipopt mex file to /usr/local/lib intentionally, or might that be from someone else using the same computer? Are you sure you’re replacing that file with the newly-built version every time you change configure flags?

-Tony