[Ipopt] Ipopt matlab 64 bit interface

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 13 15:24:11 EDT 2012

If all you want is the Matlab interface to Ipopt and you're okay with using
the Mumps linear solver, I recommend you have a look at OPTI Toolbox here:
http://www.i2c2.aut.ac.nz/Wiki/OPTI/. It comes with precompiled ipopt.mexw32
and ipopt.mexw64 files.

If you need a different linear solver or would prefer to compile Ipopt
yourself, there are quite a few extra steps for Windows with 64-bit Matlab.
Can you answer the following questions?
-Which installation procedure, specifically, are you referring to?
-The error message is occurring in Matlab? Do you have multiple versions of
Matlab installed on your computer, is it possible you compiled the mex file
with a different version than you are trying to run it with?
-Are you using MinGW-64? Which distribution?
-Are you using Gnumex? Have you fixed the known issues with Gnumex on 64-bit
Matlab (replace 'mexw32' with mexext, replace win32\lcc with
win64\microsoft, and create a shortpath74.m or shortpath74.mexw64 file - see
Gnumex's Sourceforge bug tracker for more information)?
-Have you made the necessary changes to
Ipopt/contrib/MatlabInterface/src/Makefile? These include setting
MATLAB_HOME to the output of the "matlabroot" command in Matlab, setting
MEXSUFFIX to the output of the "mexext" command in Matlab, setting "MEX =
$(MATLAB_HOME)/sys/perl/win32/bin/perl $(MATLAB_HOME)/bin/mex.pl", and
removing -cxx from MEXFLAGS.
-Have you made the necessary changes to mexopts.bat? These include changing
"COMPILER=gcc" to "COMPILER=g++", changing "GM_MEXLANG=c" to
"GM_MEXLANG=cxx", and adding
"-L$PATH_TO_IPOPT_LIBS -lipopt -lcoinmumps -lcoinmetis -lcoinlapack -lcoinblas
 -lgfortran -lpthread" to GM_ADD_LIBS.

-Tony