[Ipopt] StreamJournal in Windows 3.10.1 dlls

Falck, Robert D. (GRC-DSB0) rfalck at nasa.gov
Sat Jul 14 00:20:40 EDT 2012

Hello,

I've been using Ipopt successfully on OS X, and now I'm using the precompiled 3.10.1 win32 dlls with MSVC2010 under QtCreator.  I've successfully compiled and run the hs071_nlp.cpp example.  However, in attempting to port my code from OS X, I'm getting missing symbol errors with respect to the StreamJournal class (what appear to be the StreamJournal constructor and the SetOutputStream method).  Is there a reason these functions aren't being found in the DLL, or is this an issue with my relative inexperience in windows development?

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Ipopt::StreamJournal::SetOutputStream(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *)" (?SetOutputStream at StreamJournal@Ipopt@@QAEXPAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)

collocation_problem.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Ipopt::StreamJournal::StreamJournal(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,enum Ipopt::EJournalLevel)" (??0StreamJournal at Ipopt@@QAE at ABV?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@W4EJournalLevel at 1@@Z)

fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals