[Ipopt] C# interface to IPOPT

Anders Gustafsson anders.9ustafsson at gmail.com
Thu May 20 16:07:04 EDT 2010

Dear subscribers,

I have recently looked at using IPOPT from C#. I have seen a few attempts by
others before, but I have not been able to find a comprehensive description
of how it should be done. Now, I have managed to design a simple C#
interface which manages to call for example the pre-compiled binaries that
are provided by the COIN-OR binary distribution project.

I have described my attempts in the following blog post:
http://cureos.blogspot.com/2010/05/ipopt-revisited.html .

As you can see from my post, there are still unresolved issues, and the
interface is also very simplistic e.g. in comparison with the regular C++
interface. Nonetheless, hopefully my efforts can come to use for others as
well. Ideas for improvements are of course more than welcome, and if anyone
has any suggestions regarding the issues I mention in the post, I am all
ears :-)

Regards,
Anders