[Ipopt] Infinite Loop Problem With Precompiled Ipopt DLL v3.8.1

Teeter, Chuck cteeter at Suncor.com
Wed May 19 19:06:05 EDT 2010

Hi Marcel,

I know that in the past I have been able to use the posted binaries, so
I am a little surprised as well.  I probably have a couple of other
differences in my setup.  I do compile HSL with MA27 and MA57, and I use
the Intel MKL Blas and Lapack libraries.  I am also now using the Intel
C++ compiler (11.1.065) for most of my work within VS2008, and I used
this compiler to build the AIMMS link and HSL libraries as well.  I also
use Intel Fortran (11.1.065).

When I tried to use the posted DLLs this morning, I simply replaced my
working version of Ipopt38.dll with the posted version, being careful to
keep Win32 and x64 executables separate on my Windows 7 laptop.  I was
also careful to use the "Release" versions of the DLLs.  Then, when I
attempted to solve a problem, AIMMS immediately returned with "na" for
my objective value.  I repeated this for all of my installed linear
solvers (MUMPS, MA27, and MA57) and got the same results in both the
Win32 and x64 versions of AIMMS.  When I switched back to the DLLs I had
built previously, everything again worked normally.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the posted Ipopt38 DLLs are
not binary compatible with my installed versions of libhsl.dll and
libAIMMSIpopt.dll, which as I mentioned were both built using the Intel
C++ compiler.  I know they *should* be binary compatible, but maybe
not...

Perhaps a more appropriate test would be to use both the posted binaries
for libAIMMSIpopt.dll and Ipopt38.dll together, instead of mixing the
products of different compilers.  I will try this and the binaries that
you've built, and let you know what happens.