[Ipopt] Infinite Loop Problem With Precompiled Ipopt DLL v3.8.1

Marcel Roelofs Marcel.Roelofs at aimms.com
Wed May 19 18:09:20 EDT 2010

Hi Chuck,

I'm a little bit surprised to read this. As the one responsible for
building the Ipopt DDLs, we've extensively tested them specifically with
AIMMS before posting them, and encountered no problems, neither with
MUMPS nor with HSL. So, my question would be what is specific to your
setup that prevent the posted DLLs from working for you. Do you still
remember what kind of errors you encountered? The only difference I can
come up with so far is, assuming you're using HSL, that you used VS 2008
to compile the HSL sources.

BTW. The v8-ifort project in the Ipopt trunk now also contains a
configuration for linking against the MKL Blas and Lapack libraries. At

ftp://ftp.aimms.com/pub/Download/Private/Ipopt/IpOpt-pre-3.8.2.7z

you can find the pre-3.8.2 binaries as I compiled them on my machine
using VS2005/Ifort 11.1.060. Could you verify whether these work for you
or not, and if not, what is the problem? In the end, I'd like to make
life for Ipopt users on Windows as convenient as possible by providing
DLLs that actually work.

Cheers,

Marcel Roelofs
Paragon Decision Technology

> Hi Chris,
>
> I haven't encountered this specific issue, but I can say that the
> Windows Ipopt 3.8.1 DLLs that are posted do not work for me when I use
> them with the AIMMS modeling system (uses C++ interface, though).
When
> I build the same DLLs from source with VS2008, I have no problems.
Have
> you tried using any of the other binaries or building the DLLs
yourself?

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.