[Ipopt] Infinite Loop Problem With Precompiled Ipopt DLL v3.8.1

Teeter, Chuck cteeter at Suncor.com
Wed May 19 10:52:59 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,

I haven't encountered this specific issue, but I can say that the
Windows Ipopt 3.8.1 DLLs that are posted do not work for me when I use
them with the AIMMS modeling system (uses C++ interface, though).  When
I build the same DLLs from source with VS2008, I have no problems.  Have
you tried using any of the other binaries or building the DLLs yourself?

________________________________

From: ipopt-bounces at list.coin-or.org
[mailto:ipopt-bounces at list.coin-or.org] On Behalf Of Chris Madziasz
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:31 AM
To: ipopt at list.coin-or.org
Subject: [Ipopt] Infinite Loop Problem With Precompiled Ipopt DLL v3.8.1

To Whom it May Concern,

I have downloaded the precompiled DLLs for Ipopt version 3.8.1 and built
a VB.NET wrapper around them within Visual Studio 2008 Professional.
Within my wrapper I have incorporated a "multi-start" feature  that
loops through many uniformly distributed starting points within the
defined design space for a given optimization problem.  Inside of this
looping I am creating a new Ipopt problem with the DLL's
"CreateIpoptProblem" function, solving with "IpoptSolve", and then
clearing the problem with "FreeIpoptProblem" before continuing to the
next starting point.  I am then tracking the best objective function and
its corresponding design variable optimums in an effort to find a global
minimum within the design space.  I have, however, encountered an issue
where in the execution of my project gets stuck in an infinite loop
within the Ipopt DLL's "IpoptSolve" function.  This occurs for both the
debug and release versions of the DLL and the starting point for which
the infinite loop occurs appears to be dependent on the option
tolerances that I define.  I would greatly appreciate any assistance
from anybody that has encountered this issue previously, or has
recommendations for a solution, and could point me in the right
direction.

Thank you in advance,

Chris Magdziasz

Spiritech Advanced Products, Inc.

Phone: 561-741-3441

Fax: 561-741-3442

This email and its contents are private and confidential, for the sole use of the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient, copying, forwarding or other distribution of this email or its contents by any means is prohibited. If you believe that you received this email in error please notify the original sender immediately.

Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy business.

Ce courriel et son contenu sont privés et confidentiels, et sont destinés à l’usage exclusif des destinataires. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute reproduction, transfert ou autre forme de diffusion de ce courriel ou de son contenu par quelque moyen que ce soit est interdit. Si vous croyez avoir reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur original immédiatement.

Petro-Canada est une entreprise de Suncor Énergie.