[Ipopt] building shared libraries under mingw doesnt work for me

Jens Schubert jens.schubert.1 at googlemail.com
Sat May 15 20:55:35 EDT 2010

Dear Ipopt-experts,

after I managed to compile Ipopt, I realized that the configure-script
 always complaines about the shared libraries:
"WARNING: On Msys, shared objects are not supported. I'm disabling your choice."

What is the problem here?
Is it too little man power to support this feature?
Are there some extra hurdles under Msys?
What are my options to get a shared library of ipopt build with the
gcc under windows?

I am using the uptodate msys/mingw on windows vista.

Thanks for any help,
Jens