[Ipopt] Restoration phase is called at point that is almost feasible, with constraint violation 4.202374e-007

David Veerasingam vdavidster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:35:38 EST 2010

On 26-Jan-10, at 12:00 PM, ipopt-request at list.coin-or.org wrote:
> From: Sam Hall <samh_1205 at yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: January 25, 2010 4:18:33 PM GMT-05:00
> To: ipopt at list.coin-or.org
> Subject: [Ipopt] Restoration phase is called at point that is almost
> feasible, with constraint violation 4.202374e-007
>
> 3. How can i improve this situation?

I've found that whenever this error crops up, *re-solving* the problem
from the failure point usually yields an Optimal solution. It's just a
rule of thumb, and doesn't always work, but it works frequently enough
that I have my code invoke a re-solve automatically whenever it
detects this termination message.

David