[Ipopt] problem with make

John Cape john.cape29 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 20:11:48 EST 2010

Hi all:
I am new to IPOPT. I have heard very good things and I want to try it for my thesis.
I have downloaded and successfully configured it (my computer is a mac-book-pro running osx.10.5.8, with an intel processor).
When I try to build the code (using make), I get the following error:

ld: duplicate symbol _ma27id_ in .libs/libipopt.lax/libcoinhsl.a/mc19ad.o and .libs/libipopt.lax/libcoinhsl.a/ma27ad.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libipopt.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any suggestions how to solve this problem will be very welcome.
Many thanks,
John.