[Ipopt] User Teminiation during the process

York Tang hkyork at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 06:07:04 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Because I want to add an active set mechanism with ipopt. It means i
want to keep trace on each iteration of ipopt.
At the beginning, I provide some basic constraints, then if I
identified one iteration which do not follow some "extra" constraints
(which have not added to the optimization yet), then i will add that
constraint during the process (save the current points, end the
current optimization, and start a new optimization with new added
constraints and the saved current iteration points).
The idea is to lower the number of constraints in my system.

Does anyone have any experience on it? (Can it be implemented with
ipopt? Do it help the optimization (speed or result)?)

Also, if there exist a user request termination functions in ipopt? If
I just end the ipopt process manually (with my coding), will it cause
some memory problem?

Thx
York