[Ipopt] ReOptimize initialization problems?

Bruno Guerreiro bguerreiro at isr.ist.utl.pt
Thu Apr 15 06:09:05 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I'm trying to run Ipopt (C++ interface in linux) many times
consecutively, just updating the optimization program initial condition.

I was able to do this using the function "app->ReOptimizeTNLP(program)",
but I'm having some trouble with the option "max_cpu_time".
It seams that I'm not reseting the algorithm start time and instead of
terminating the current run of the optimization program if the time
exceeds "max_cpu_time", it is using the cumulative cpu_time since the
first run.

Does anyone came across this problem?
Should I run some kind of re-initialization of the application before
running "ReOptimize"?

Thanks once more for sharing Ipopt with everyone.

Best,

Bruno Guerreiro