[Ipopt] Termination code 11

Johan Åkesson jakesson at control.lth.se
Fri May 15 14:55:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I tried with a fresh 3.6.1 - here are my findings:

 - If I configure with --enable-debug the model solves as expected, that
is, no termination code 11.
 - If I configure without --enable-debug I still get termination code 11.
 - If I run valgrind, I get the following printout:

johan_013 at osiris:~/Optimica/TOC_0_3_1/optimica_examples/DoubleIntegrator>
valgrind --db-attach=yes ~/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.6.1/build/bin/ipopt bla.nl
==4141== Memcheck, a memory error detector.
==4141== Copyright (C) 2002-2007, and GNU GPL'd, by Julian Seward et al.
==4141== Using LibVEX rev 1854, a library for dynamic binary translation.
==4141== Copyright (C) 2004-2007, and GNU GPL'd, by OpenWorks LLP.
==4141== Using valgrind-3.3.1, a dynamic binary instrumentation framework.
==4141== Copyright (C) 2000-2007, and GNU GPL'd, by Julian Seward et al.
==4141== For more details, rerun with: -v
==4141==

==4141== Invalid write of size 8
==4141==    at 0x806590E: la_replace (in
/home/johan_013/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.6.1/build/bin/ipopt)
==4141==    by 0x46314A7: ???
==4141==  Address 0xa59f14be is not stack'd, malloc'd or (recently) free'd
==4141==

I do not know what la_replace is - is it part of IPOPT? Please let me
know if you would like me to submit a bug report.

Best
/Johan