[Ipopt] Termination code 11

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Sun May 17 18:34:54 EDT 2009

Hi Johan,

la_replace is a symbol in the Ampl Solver Library (ASL).  Just downloaded
the latest version of the ASL and tried some AMPL examples, but didn't get
any error message with valgrind.

It could be that there is a bug in the ASL. Or, it could be that your
version of the GNU compilers has a bug and does not translate the ASL
correctly.  (Or, of course, there could be a bug in Ipopt, but this error
happens so early on that I doubt that.)

I cannot reproduce the error, so I suggest you open a ticket.  When you do
that please attach the Ipopt/config.log file, as well as your bla.nl file,
and the output of valgrind.  But please first reconfigure, adding the
following arguments for your configure script:

CXXFLAGS='-O3 -g -DNDEBUG' CFLAGS='-O3 -g -DNDEBUG' FFAGS='-O3 -g'

Also, please see what happens when you replace the "-O3" above with "-O"