[Ipopt] Problems Compiling IPOPT on Snow Leopard

Anil Rao anilvrao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 06:44:01 EST 2009

I am having issues compiling IPOPT on Mac OS-X Snow Leopard.  My configure
script is as follows:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/ipopt/install                        \
    ADD_CFLAGS="-fno-common -fexceptions -no-cpp-precomp -fPIC"   \
    ADD_CXXFLAGS="-fno-common -fexceptions -no-cpp-precomp -fPIC" \
    ADD_FFLAGS="-x f77-cpp-input -fPIC -fno-common"               \
    FLIBS="-lg2c -lfrtbegin -lSystem -lgfortran"                  \
    F77=gfortran CC=gcc CXX=g++

I am able to run "make", but I get the warnings that libg2c and libfrtbegin
are of the wrong architecture.  The libraries that are being used are in the
directory /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/local/lib (which seems wrong
since I would think I would want to use the 10.6 version).  Next, when I
compile the Matlab mex file, I get the same library warnings as during
compilation of IPOPT itself.

The end result is that I get a mex file, but it crashes when I try to run
it.  Again, I am running on a 64-bit Mac with Snow Leopard.  Also, I am
using Matlab release 2009b.

- Anil

--
Anil V. Rao