[Ipopt] Compiling Test Program on Visual Studio

Nandini Chakravorti nchakravorti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 06:40:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

       I built Ipopt on cygwin(using Intel Fortran Compiler 10.1.021 IA32
and Visual Studio 2005).I then tried to compile the example code as a
console application in Visual Studio 2005 and statically linked it to the
libipopt.lib that I had created with the earlier step. But I get the
following linking errors

Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob libifcoremt.lib
Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob libifcoremt.lib
Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob libmmt.lib
Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv libifcoremt.lib
Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc libifcoremt.lib
        I have disabled libcmt.lib and msvcprt.lib already. Any clues ?

Regards,
Nandini