[Ipopt] Compiling Test Program on Visual Studio

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 21 07:02:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

>        I built Ipopt on cygwin(using Intel Fortran Compiler 10.1.021 IA32 and
> Visual Studio 2005).I then tried to compile the example code as a console
> application in Visual Studio 2005 and statically linked it to the libipopt.lib
> that I had created with the earlier step. But I get the following linking errors
>
> Error 1 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob libifcoremt.lib
> Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob libifcoremt.lib
> Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __iob libmmt.lib
> Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv libifcoremt.lib
> Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc libifcoremt.lib
>         I have disabled libcmt.lib and msvcprt.lib already. Any clues ?

Seem to be some dependency in the Intel Fortran libraries.
Did you add libifcoremt.lib (and maybe also libmmt.lib) explicitly to
the linker flags?
What about you do a make test in cygwin and see which flags are used to
build hs071_cpp.exe? Then you try to reproduce this under the Visual
Studio environment.

Also Kipp Martin put a binary distribution of OS under
http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/OS/VisualStudio-OS.zip
It uses a Mumps library that was build with Intel Fortran Compiler and
links it with a MS compiler build Ipopt library under Visual Studio, so
a similar setting as you have. Then all this is linked into OS
exectuables, I guess. I have not had a look at it, but it could be helpful.

Best,

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan