[Ipopt] Release 3.4.0 and VC8.0

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Tue Apr 29 09:16:18 EDT 2008

Quoting Krish Krishnan <rkrishnan8216 at yahoo.com>:

> Hi All:
>
> I am trying to compile and link the example hs071_cpp in VC8.0 and
> using release 3.4.0 of IPopt.  I am also using the .sln file that
> came with the package.  The only change I have made is to exclude
> libcoinhsl from the solution as I do not wish to use proprietary
> source code.  Instead I hope to make to do with BLAS and LAPACK.  I
> get an error message that the linker is unable to locate libc.lib.
> Is this due to not including the HSL routines?  My understanding is
> that I do not need to use all the three (BLAS, LAPACK and HSL) if I
> do not wish to.  How can I fix the problem?

You have to have _some_ sparse symmetric linear solver. HSL is probably the
easiest, because it uses fortran 77 constructs; all the others require fortran
95, and MUMPS, the one with the least restrictive license, requires a fortran
compiler that can understand embedded preprocessor information.
(Alternatively,
you can send MUMPS code through a C-preprocessor first.)

The steps for working with the solvers is described quite well, I
think, in the
user's manual.