[Coin-ipopt] Restoration Failed

Roy Chen ytboy0208 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:21:40 EDT 2007

Dear All

I implemented my NLP problem in AMPL and used successfully compiled IPOPT as
the nonlinear solver to my problem. But when I run the problem it took 225
iterations and said "Restoration Failed", I am pretty sure that my problem
is feasible. (Because my problem is acutally a MINLP, and I run it using
Bonmin, after 4 attempts of "Restoration Failed", it gave me the optimal
solution). Can anyboday let me know what "Restoration Failed" mean exactly?
As far as I know, providing different starting point pretty much decides if
the Restoration is successful or not.

Please share with me any comments about that.

Best

Roy