[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt on intel mac

Bruce Shapiro bshapiro at caltech.edu
Tue Dec 19 12:05:01 EST 2006

Hi Peter,

I've tried to follow your instructions but I've still run into a few
problems:

(1) In step 2 where you say "move lapack/make.inc.example to lapack/
make.inc.example" do you really mean "move lapack/make.inc.example to
lapack/make.inc"

(2) I could not do the make on liblapack.a until I first compiled
everything in /LAPACK/INSTALL folder first

(3) In step 3 "building the IPOPT libraries" you compile the C and C+
+ libraries. Which ones? Which folders? I see six folders in the
IPOPT/SRC: algorithm, apps, common, interfaces, linalg. Did you
compile all of these separately? and you only created one library,
but I am not sure how or where to do this since it needs to combine
files from the different folders? Or did you copy all the .cpp files
into a single folder first? And I am confused about the "ipopt-
include-dir" - where is this? It looks to be like all the .h and .hpp
files are in the same folder as the .cpp files, which are divided
among the 6 folders (and their sub-folders) I've listed.

So I am stuck on step 3. I think I am ready to build the IPOPT files
but I am a bit confused.

Thanks,

Bruce

On Dec 14, 2006, at 7:35 PM, Peter Carbonetto wrote:

>> I am trying to install ipopt on an intel mac with tcsh running OSX
>> 10.4.8.
>
> I managed to install IPOPT successfully on my Apple computer. It
> took me quite a while to figure out how to do it properly. I got
> errors when I ran the configure script, so I had to bypass the
> default installation altogether. The main difficulty is due to the
> fact that the GNU Fortran compiler is not installed by default on
> Mac OS X, and after I installed it, it didn't behave as expected by
> the configure script.
>
> I've detailed my steps at: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~pcarbo/ipopt-macosx
>
> Andreas, perhaps this webpage will help guide you in making the
> configure script compatible for Mac OS X?
>
> (I'm running Mac OS X 19.3.9 on a PowerPC G4. Nonetheless, my
> instructions should for the most part pertain to your situation,
> Bruce.)
>
> Peter Carbonetto
> PhD Candidate
> Dept. of Computer Science
> University of British Columbia

---
Bruce E Shapiro, PhD
Biological Network Modeling Center
The Beckman Institute at Caltech
1200 East California Blvd
Mail Code 139-74, Pasadena CA 91125-7400
1.626.395.8161