[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt on intel mac

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Dec 19 12:19:40 EST 2006

Hi,

Well, I would advise the use of the configuration scripts for Ipopt.
They should (and have for a number of people) worked under OsX.

If it doesn't work, it would be great if we could find out why, so that we
can fix it and make it easy for other users in the future to install Ipopt
just by typing 'configure' and 'make install'.

Bruce, it would be great if you could just try what happens if you get a
clean copy of Ipopt (make sure you are not getting a .zip package, since
those seem to have been created incorrectly on COIN - please use
subversion or get the .tgz tarball), make sure you get all correct
compilers (using the instructions in the Bonmin project), and then try
configure and make install again.  If that hangs somewhere, and you are
not too frustrated yet, it would be great if you open an Ipopt ticket, or
send me an email (offline, so that we don't flood the mailing list) with a
description of the problem, as well as the "Ipopt/config.log" file (note
that I need the one in the Ipopt SUBdirectory).

Thanks to both of you for being patient and keeping trying :), and for
your feedback!

Andreas