[Coin-ipopt] Windows executable

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Nov 25 11:41:35 EST 2005

Hi Rodrigo

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute binaries because, in order to compile
Ipopt, you need to obtain a linear solver (usually the Harwell routine
MA27), which is software that is not open source and we cannot distribute
it as part of the Ipopt package.

One can obtain MA27 free of charge for a one-person usage license from the
"HSL Archive", but then one is not permitted to distribute it in any form,
such as binaries.

You best bet is probably to work with a colleague/friend who has a PC with
more disk space to compile it yourself on Cygwin.

Andreas