[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt C++ version

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Oct 8 14:40:04 EDT 2004

Hi Kirk,

> I just read about the new C++ version in development. Is there still going
> to be a C interface to the C++ code? I am thinking ahead here... Java
> interfaces easily to 'C' but much less so to 'C++' because of the name
> mangling rules used by different compilers. This used to be case at any
> rate... I don't know if things have changed.

Yes, we will maintain a C and Fortran interface, so that name mangling
should not be an issue.  There should not be a problem to hook up Ipopt
from Java through the C interface.

We will probably look for alpha/beta testers for the new version at some
point - so be warned :-)  We hope that the new design/core will be easier
to understand and hope that it will allow others to contribute to the
code.

Greetings,

Andreas