[Coin-ipopt] installation problem in ipopt

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jul 29 21:17:58 EDT 2004

Hi Ugur,

> I download the ipopt and third party components and did the
> configuration. Lastly I install using " make install " command in unix
> environment. I obtained the ipopt executable in the bin folder as it is
> written in the installation instruction. Everything seems right during
> cofiguration and installation process but the ipopt is not formed in the
> .exe format, actually it has no format. I changed its extension to .exe
> and copy it to my AMPL folder. When I tried to use it as a solver in the
> AMPL , an error message comes as:
>
> " One or more CON code pages invalid for given keyboard code .Program
> too big to fit in memory can't open at1752.sol "
>

> I couldn't fix the problem. Could you help me??

Could you please send us some more information?

What operating system are you using?  (It sounds like you are
using ipopt in a Windows environment (".exe format")?  By "unix
environment", do you meam that you are using Cygwin (or MinGW)?)

What compiler are you using?

If you want you can send me the output (config.log) of your 'configure'
run. (Please send it directly to me and not the mailing list).

Thanks