[Coin-ipopt] Compiling an AMPL executable using Cygwin

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Sep 16 19:12:46 EDT 2002

Arvind,

Summarizing our off-line discussion, we have established that your
compilation problem regarding the null definitions of 'LIB' etc is
probably due to the fact, that on your system those variables have been
defined in the system environment, so that Makefile.trgs sees those values
from the environment, instead of an empty string, and causes the hickup.

I have added null definitions for the two makefile variables in question
at the end of Makefile.defs.  Again, the change is already submitted to
the COIN CVS repository, that you can access at

http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/cvs/coin/

( Click your way through to COIN/Ipopt/SOURCES/Makefiles )

Tomorrow's tarball with reflect those updates as well.

I hope this rectifies the problems you encountered today.  Please let me
know if you still have trouble compiling under CygWin.

Many thanks,

Andreas