[DFO] Retrieving interpolation model information

Mikhail Nediak MNediak at business.queensu.ca
Tue May 8 09:20:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

We are using DFO in our research on dynamic pricing and revenue management
and think it is very valuable tool. Recently, there was a need for a
derivative-free optimization subroutine within a decomposition method.
Specific requirement is the availability of the model info based on the
results of
simulation runs. Is there a relatively easy way to retrieve the model info
(including the gradient and, perhaps, the Hessian) used during final
iterations of the DFO algorithm? I assume that it must be available since
DFO has to call a nonlinear optimizer such as IPOPT.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Mikhail