[Couenne] Besides AMPL parser, is there any free software which can produce a file for solving nonlinear mixed integer linear problems which COUENNE can work based on?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 16 06:34:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

> Besides AMPL parser, is there any free software which can produce a file for solving nonlinear mixed integer linear problems which COUENNE can work based on?

The OptimizationServices project (https://projects.coin-or.org/OS) has
an interface to Couenne. There you would need to provide an XML based
formulation of your problem instance. Note that OSiL is not for
modeling, but only for specifying an instance, i.e., no sets,
parameters, ...
I'm not aware of any free modeling language that can produce OSiL files,
unfortunately. (well, there are not many free modeling languages that
support nonlinear expressions anyway).
GAMS is a non-free alternative for AMPL that also comes with Couenne
interface and OSiL writer. It also has a limited demo version.

Stefan

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan