[Couenne] Obscure error message when running Couenne

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Sat Jun 5 11:04:42 EDT 2010

> Thanks, I will wait for changes in "exprPow::generateCuts" (and
> addPowEnvelope?).

I just committed changes to all stable versions and to trunk. Only a
change in addPowEnvelope was needed.

> FYI: I noticed that if x is integer (or discrete) than more strong cuts may
> be generated in "CouenneCutGenerator::addEnvelope"  .

I totally agree. I had this (test for integrality of y and x in the
linearization of y=f(x)) in my todo list for some time, but I didn't
have the time to test it yet. A limited version should be extremely
easy to code, but there are a few issues, e.g. where to generate cuts,
validity when both x and y are integer, etc. There is a skeletal
version now in trunk, waiting for bugs to show up.

Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   http://www.lehigh.edu/~pib208