[Couenne] error running couenne: termination code 11

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Wed Feb 25 22:30:50 EST 2009

Dear Francois,

I cannot replicate your problem, i.e., I cannot get a segmentation
fault (this is what generates the "error running couenne: termination
code 11" you are getting), and the debugger doesn't show any error
either. Can you send me the instance you created? You can generate it
by running the AMPL command

write gmyproblem;

which generates a file myproblem.nl that would be useful for me to
understand better.

Anyway, that "error" occurs in some bookkeeping operations of Couenne
and should not compromise the result. Did you try printing out or
using the variables after that? Does AMPL give you a seemingly optimal
solution?

Regards,
Pietro Belotti

Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   lehigh.edu/~pib208