[CoinBinary] Building CoinBinary under MinGW

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Thu Sep 27 09:31:31 EDT 2012

The CYGWIN explanation is a good guess, but can't be right in this case,
because there is no CYGWIN installation on the machine in question.  At
this point I'm thinking it's more likely that my memory of having done the
build before is false.  The tarball suggestion is good; I found a
different but equally suitable end-run:  I'm checking out the sources on a
Linux box and then copying them over the local network to my Windows
machine.  So this issue is now under control; thank you.

The real reason I'm doing this is to try to enable the "cbc-parallel"
feature, that lets Cbc exploit multi-core machines for better performance.
 Any advice on this front would be especially appreciated.